Hello, I'm David Michael Hawkins

I was born in 1973 (January 7) in Mary Stevens maternity hospital in Oldswinford, Stourbridge

I grew up in West Hagley 

When I was at the schools in Hagley, no one wanted to be my friend and people went out of their way to prefer to be a time. They did not wish in their words to get "David Hawkins disease", eventually after 7 years of foul treatment I did end my relationship with people.

I always wondered why I was always alone

In my late 20's, I got into financial trouble 

During this trouble, my family decided to take me to my gp to find out about my mental problem (probably to get me into some place)

I not only found out about my aspergers but also about my heart murmur.

Parents
  • Hello David 

It is good to meet you. Many of us had a horrible time at school and have also experienced isolation in adult life. You will find understanding and acceptance here. It is very easy to get into financial difficulties. I hope that things are better for you now. 

As mentioned there are certain rules for this community set by NAS. One of these is that we are not supposed to reveal our full names because the forum is public and it could make us vulnerable. 

You may get a message from one of the moderators about this rule at some point:

'This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details on it. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.'

I hope you will enjoy being part of this forum. I am very recently diagnosed (2 weeks ago) and it has proved very helpful for me. 

Best wishes 

Rose (I am using my first name only, as this seems to be acceptable!) 

• Hello David 

It is good to meet you. Many of us had a horrible time at school and have also experienced isolation in adult life. You will find understanding and acceptance here. It is very easy to get into financial difficulties. I hope that things are better for you now. 

As mentioned there are certain rules for this community set by NAS. One of these is that we are not supposed to reveal our full names because the forum is public and it could make us vulnerable. 

You may get a message from one of the moderators about this rule at some point:

'This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details on it. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.'

I hope you will enjoy being part of this forum. I am very recently diagnosed (2 weeks ago) and it has proved very helpful for me. 

Best wishes 

Rose (I am using my first name only, as this seems to be acceptable!) 

Children
No Data