Hello..Im a mum and would like lots of advice

Hi, Thanks for letting me join your forum.

I have a ten year old. I don't know where to begin really. 

Iv managed to get her referral/diagnoses bought forward to the spring due to stressful circumstances making everything worse.

Flower (not real name) has always shown signs of being on the spectrum but no one would listen.

She never played with her toys or joined in if you played with her. Would sit in her pushchair and go for hours without doing or saying much.

Its been and is continuing to be eye opening for me. Flower hasn't been to school since last spring, well only part time.

Luckily Iv found a school that has a higher level of children with diagnoses and cater for everyone very well.

They are being great and Im hoping to get her going back from next week starting at later time.

Her rages really effect me and recently Iv been kicked a lot. Flower fiddles with things and breaks them, Iv also been told she cannot be left in a corridor at school on her own and says lots of inappropriate stuff. Also still not much eye contact. I cannot get her out of her bedroom at the moment or bed. I did manage to get her into the shower last week which I really praised her for.

We have  gone through a very unsettled year with me breaking my marriage up that was abusive. That has not helped as my ex is very image conscious and cannot deal with our daughters communication and anxiety in a mature way.

Im stuck in the house at the mo and cannot work as Flowers at home. 

I would love some tips on communication and will look on the website for some.

Im also going to look at some books.

Iv been in touch with Derbyshire Autism Services today and Im hoping they will come back to me.

A big hello to you allSlight smile

Hartleysmum (that's the dog)

Parents
  • Hi I am a mum of a nearly 8 year old girl who we are sure has asd for years she was passed off as quirky and I was told she would grow out of it but if anything she is growing into it! 

It is good that you have found a different school that is helping you and if they cater more for asd children she might benefit from a one on one have you spoken to the school senco? 

As for communication at home you should find plenty of tops on this site. With the violent rages try keeping a behaviour log and see if there are any patterns to the triggers, she may be a bit old but reward systems sometimes help.

The members on here will probably have more insight than me as they will understand her struggles 

• Hi I am a mum of a nearly 8 year old girl who we are sure has asd for years she was passed off as quirky and I was told she would grow out of it but if anything she is growing into it! 

It is good that you have found a different school that is helping you and if they cater more for asd children she might benefit from a one on one have you spoken to the school senco? 

As for communication at home you should find plenty of tops on this site. With the violent rages try keeping a behaviour log and see if there are any patterns to the triggers, she may be a bit old but reward systems sometimes help.

The members on here will probably have more insight than me as they will understand her struggles 

Children
No Data