Not diagnosed- always knew that I was different.

Hi, im Hayley, I'm 29 but I don't feel it. I'm not diagnosed with autism - but the more unread the more it just makes sense. I always knew there was something different about me fron other people, not special but something I couldn't out my finger on.  I have always struggled through life- early years I was in the lowest sets in classas because I didn't understand what teachers were talking about. I would often go into my own little world, never cause a fuss for anyone else but just refit off somewhere. I wasn't a bad kid but was always in detention for not doing my work. I struggled in secondary school too, very muxh kept myself to myself and ended up being bullied a lot. Had strange fascinations with things and I would always play out scenarios in my head without talking to anybody. I was always really good at art and music but everything else was beyond me. After a string of unsuccessful relationships and unsuccessful career options I have gone back to college to study art, but even know I still find myself playing with pencils or sitting crosslegged looking at colours. I have befriended a group of girls 10 years younger than me and I feel comfortable because I still feel like a child.

Does this sound like it could be autism or am I way off here? Many thanks x

Parents Reply Children
No Data