Hello

Hello everyone, I’m here because I think I might be, to some extent, Autistic, and recently, the problems I have are really having a negative impact on my life, and my health. I’m hoping to gain some insight, and decide if I need to get a diagnosis.

Parents
  • Hello, I'm on that journey too. Let us know how you feel, I'm sure we can share this together.

• Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome. I will tell you a bit about what’s going on with me.  For most of my life I have had little symptoms which I didn’t really understand, intense emotions that would change in a heartbeat, intense happiness to intense anger etc. If anything changed in my routine at home or work, it was like my world was ending, I would get very upset and kick off. If people talk to me, and rattle on, or if their sentence is a long one, I feel like I’m going to explode, I don’t like constant noise, especially babies crying, and I hate being in a crowd, lots of people moving around me. I have recently started driving HGV vehicles again, articulated lorries, I had been driving a van for the past 3 years, but the contract changed, the changes scared me, so I took another job to stay within the company, now it’s a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire. Driving the lorry is fine, until I have to reverse it into somewhere, I sit there planning my move for ages, sometimes walking the path I will take on the manoeuvre, I get so anxious. The other problem I have just now is when I turn up at work and they tell me I’m going somewhere different to what I was told, it makes me feel so ill. It’s got to the stage where I have faked illness to take days off from work, and now I have a stage one disciplinary hearing on Thursday. I have only just touched on my symptoms here, there are many more.

• Hey everyone, thanks for the welcome. I will tell you a bit about what’s going on with me.  For most of my life I have had little symptoms which I didn’t really understand, intense emotions that would change in a heartbeat, intense happiness to intense anger etc. If anything changed in my routine at home or work, it was like my world was ending, I would get very upset and kick off. If people talk to me, and rattle on, or if their sentence is a long one, I feel like I’m going to explode, I don’t like constant noise, especially babies crying, and I hate being in a crowd, lots of people moving around me. I have recently started driving HGV vehicles again, articulated lorries, I had been driving a van for the past 3 years, but the contract changed, the changes scared me, so I took another job to stay within the company, now it’s a case of out of the frying pan and into the fire. Driving the lorry is fine, until I have to reverse it into somewhere, I sit there planning my move for ages, sometimes walking the path I will take on the manoeuvre, I get so anxious. The other problem I have just now is when I turn up at work and they tell me I’m going somewhere different to what I was told, it makes me feel so ill. It’s got to the stage where I have faked illness to take days off from work, and now I have a stage one disciplinary hearing on Thursday. I have only just touched on my symptoms here, there are many more.

Children
No Data