Help with my book

Hi,

I'm in the process of writing a book about a boy with Asperger's aimed at the 8-12 age group.  It's basically a planned series of detective books.  The stories will focus on various mental health issues which I want to present in a positive, affirming viewpoint.  

I've researched the subject but, not knowing any autistic children myself, I don't know if what I have so far is patronising or oversimplified.

So, I wondered if anybody far more qualified than me would give it a read and let me know their thoughts.

Parents
  • Thanks for replying, Graham and Alburquerque.  The points you make are very relevant and helpful and exactly the reason I'm trying to get someone who has personal knowledge to read the manuscript.  It could be easy to judge what is imagined to be portrayed and, apart from the gang idea, I hope I have avoided many of the issues you both raised.

• Thanks for replying, Graham and Alburquerque.  The points you make are very relevant and helpful and exactly the reason I'm trying to get someone who has personal knowledge to read the manuscript.  It could be easy to judge what is imagined to be portrayed and, apart from the gang idea, I hope I have avoided many of the issues you both raised.

Children
No Data