23 year old, looking to make local friends who understands me

My name is Amy, I am 23 years old (will be 24 next month) and I am looking to find new friends in my local area who would understand me. I was diagnosed a year this month, and still I haven’t found any help. In my life I have had so much trouble with friends. Primary school was okay and so was the first year of high school, however from year 8 to year 11 I got bullied. I felt like I never fit in with any group of friends in my year so I ended up spending my time in the library. I never got invited to birthday parties or when we left school I never got invited to a party to celebrate us leaving. When it came to college it got worse, I thought I had friends but they were using me as an easy target. If anything went wrong it was my fault, if there was a rumour going around it me who spread it. I never hung out with them outside of college because I assumed I wasn’t fun. I went on to college again doing a different course. I thought I had found a group of friends but it turns out I didn’t, whenever they wanted to speak about something they would walk away from me and whisper far away from me. In the end I just stayed by myself. After that year I ended up doing two years of a level 3 course, I thought this would be my chance to actually find some friends again I was wrong. In the first year I did hang out with a group but never really fit in, and the same with second year. There was one time I wasn’t in college because I was ill and my class put up a picture of them all having fun, they all looked happy and included when I wasn’t there.

Since then I have been on the sick for my depression and anxiety. All I would like to do is make friends around my area that are just like me who understands me and won’t stab me in the back. I just would like to live life just like any other 23/24 year old.

I live in Wirral Blush I hope there are other people like me who feel the same way x

Parents Reply Children
No Data