Little boy newly diagnosed

My little boy was diagnosed at the end of August and I’m not sure what the best way to deal with things are or where to get help and advice.

my son is only mildly autistic and I find when I tell people about his diagnosis I get ‘yer but he’s fine’ or ‘they diagnose everyone these days’ and I find I can’t talk about it with anyone.

did anyone else have people act the same way?

i find as my little boy get a bit older he seems to show more signs of autism or that they have more sensory things affect them. My little man is 3. 4 in April. Is this normal? 

Tia 

Parents
  • Hi Code

In addition to the forum, you might also like to try the Parent to Parent Service?

You may like to contact our Parent to Parent service who offers emotional support to parents and carers of children or adults with autism. This service is confidential and run by trained parent volunteers who are all parents themselves of a child or adult with autism .

You contact the team on 0808 800 4106. Please leave a message and the team will call you back as soon as possible at a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends. Alternatively you can use contact the team via web form - http://www.autism.org.uk/services/community/family-support/parent-to-parent/enquiry.aspx

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

• Hi Code

In addition to the forum, you might also like to try the Parent to Parent Service?

You may like to contact our Parent to Parent service who offers emotional support to parents and carers of children or adults with autism. This service is confidential and run by trained parent volunteers who are all parents themselves of a child or adult with autism .

You contact the team on 0808 800 4106. Please leave a message and the team will call you back as soon as possible at a time that suits you, including evenings and weekends. Alternatively you can use contact the team via web form - http://www.autism.org.uk/services/community/family-support/parent-to-parent/enquiry.aspx

Hope this helps,

Nicky-Mod

Children
No Data