Just started sixth form, I think I might have asd

Hello. I realised that I might have asd the day before I started sixth form and it's really distracting and getting me down. 

For as long as I can remember I have always felt a bit different to my friends and people I know and I've always struggled with certain things and I can't seem to change or 'adapt' as well as others. And I do things that I don't understand and that others don't and I feel like I've been fighting myself for years trying to find out why or explain everything and put it into words.

I realised I might have it when I was doing 'intense' research (my brother has got diagnosed and I wanted to know what exactly is it and how to deal with it and stuff) I've read so many different articles and watched videos on girls with it after finding out the symptoms are different in males and females slightly. And I feel exactly the same. It's answered everything. And it's so hard. Everything that I've questioned myself and blamed myself over has a peace and its all explained but I can't wait any longer to find out if i have it or not. 

It's replaying in my mind over and over and I can't concentrate on anything else. And I also want to tell my teachers that I may have it because I feel like thats a big thing, For me. But I can't because I don't know for definite if i have it. But I'm pretty sure I do. And Its so hard to explain whats going on in my head and not many people believe me or think its that big a deal and its so frustrating.

I literally can't function I keep breaking down and I don't even understand myself I just know I can't deal with anything. 

How did you feel when waiting for a diagnosis? And how do you think it effects your life?

• Hi Ginnie, I totally understand your frustration, remember the national autistic society helpline is always available on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm) if you ever need more information.  Hope that helps in someway. 

Kind regards, SteveMod 

• Why don't you find one teacher you trust and speak to them, for example your form tutor? There should also be a "SENDCO" who is the person in charge of special needs who will have greater knowledge of such things.

PS the reason I went and got diagnosed is that I was obsessed over whether I has ASD or not