Hiya Please Help

Hiya, I am a single mum with three children currently living in Devon. We have just recently visited London for a break and would like to move up there after seeing how much more the children could experience. with education and just a better life than here. My children are 8,11 and 18 with my 11 year old lad is High Fuctioning Autistic. I am my sons full time carer also and his needs can be xomplex. . Please any information on schools,homes and really any advice would be fab as I am really not sure where to start. My sons special needs education and healthcare would though be priory. Many thanks in advance

Parents
  • Hello

I'm not sure things are really much better in London, although I read a story here about Devon that doesn't sound good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-38210686 . There are some good special schools in big cities (check out the Ofsted ratings and local offer websites, I suppose), but some units in mainstream schools are closing, and the same as everywhere, there's little or no support for autistic adults (or at least past 25). Plus there may be additional noise and stress from living in a city all the time.

Does your son need to visit hospital often for physical things? What support is he getting at the moment? What happens if you ask for support like what you've seen in London?

By the way, you may want to change your screen name or choose an avatar image to make you more distinctive on this forum. Just go up to the round button up the top right of the page, click 'profile' and 'edit profile'. (You can also edit your posts by clicking on the 'More' that is underneath it.)

I hope you get some response here from parents.

• Hello

I'm not sure things are really much better in London, although I read a story here about Devon that doesn't sound good: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-devon-38210686 . There are some good special schools in big cities (check out the Ofsted ratings and local offer websites, I suppose), but some units in mainstream schools are closing, and the same as everywhere, there's little or no support for autistic adults (or at least past 25). Plus there may be additional noise and stress from living in a city all the time.

Does your son need to visit hospital often for physical things? What support is he getting at the moment? What happens if you ask for support like what you've seen in London?

By the way, you may want to change your screen name or choose an avatar image to make you more distinctive on this forum. Just go up to the round button up the top right of the page, click 'profile' and 'edit profile'. (You can also edit your posts by clicking on the 'More' that is underneath it.)

I hope you get some response here from parents.

Children
No Data