Hello

Hi All,

Greetings !

I'm new and just familiarizing myself with the site navigation and content. Hoping to find in due time some interesting and informative conversations.

A bit about myself - I am 53 years old and was diagnosed Asperger's at age 23. I haven't worked in the last 10 years due to recurrent mental health issues (now under control), prior to that I used to work in a biochemistry research lab. These days I spend most of my time reading or learning to code. And .... errrmm ... what else can I add .... ? I suppose that'll do for now. 

Looking forward to learning from and sharing with all to make our lives better. 

• Welcome CLA.

My apologies if I rather got off on the wrong foot on your "key protein" thread. Your questions were spot on, and I need a prod every now and then when my cynicism gets the better of me; don't be afraid to nudge me again if my (I hope) usually more moderately mannered self deserts me!

How long have you been learning to code, and how are you getting along? Not that you ever stop learning to code if it gets you hooked; I've been doing it since I was about 12 or 13, primarily as a hobby, though I did a very small amount as part of my last job. To be honest, I think I prefer "learning coding" to actually producing a finished project; my coding chops are rather let down by my terrible project management very often!

Best wishes.