Employment adult aspergers

My son is 27 . He needs help to find work .he is very intelligent. He has degree in history and politics .He has applied for so many  jobs   thanks

Parents
  • Hi there, 

Is your son using the job centre? If so make sure you ask for a DEA (disability employment advisor); mine was great. They never seem to make it obvious that they exist, though- I only knew about them because my mum worked at the DWP.

What are the problems he is having, specifically? Is it applications, interviews, getting experience? 

The NAS has support services aimed at autistic adults who wish to find work but are having difficulty. https://www.autism.org.uk/services/work/work-search.aspx Do any of these look useful?

• Hi Emma, I clicked on the link and there are no offices in the Liverpool area.  I clicked on the Manchester one and it said that the page did not exist.   I would love to find a local ASD friendly service to support my son into employment.  Thanks.  Mina

• Hi Emma, I clicked on the link and there are no offices in the Liverpool area.  I clicked on the Manchester one and it said that the page did not exist.   I would love to find a local ASD friendly service to support my son into employment.  Thanks.  Mina

Children
No Data