My 9year old son

Hi I don't know were to start really well my son is 9 year old faces many difficulties.. My son has been out of school since back end of year 2 as he started running away from school then got to we're he wouldn't go in at all isolated his self we have got things In place he's just recently got ehcp and I'm hoping to eventually get him back to school which is goin to be a school kids with autism/adhd/learning difficulties anyway he has not been diagnosed yes so I came a cross a lady on Facebook she has 5 children and all autistic so I decided to message her which she messaged me back I went into very much detail about my son and how he is and she said its like describing her son to her anyway we spoke most of night threw messages so I carried our conversation and things I was saying she sent me a link about pathological demand avoidance and this describes my son so much in many ways IV never herd of this I'm just trying to get info so I'm clued up and I can put it to pediatrician as when we last saw her she wasn't much help I know my son is different he has been from really young but as u can imagine people blame parenting so I gave up untill 2/3 year ago anyway IV not give up I've been researching am not sure how much info I should put up but willing to answer any questions just wondering if anyone as or not been diagnosed thanx in advance.. 

• No he hasn't had a diagnosis but because he doesn't go to school his old school got us this far we've had lots of meetings and the school he was enrolled at can't tailor for his needs as his outbursts are very unpredictable they had a really nice senco team and head teacher they thought out corner for the last 2year nobody was listening I had to be very honest about his behaviour and to how extensive it can be its was only last night I came a cross a lady and has our conversation carried on and I told her in great detail. Of how he is and what he's like with me very attached controls everything IV said for many years its like he has 2 personalitys but was only last night I found out about pda Ive been reading and it all relates to my son he got accepted for an ehcp because he doesn't leave the house much everything is a challenge with him and to get outside help they granted him with one which as only been recent he will be goin to a speacilasied school which are doin outreach  work with us at the moment till he transitions and then all the proper work and support will continue I also worry about his mental health but now IV herd about pda I'm goin to put it to pediatrician we r wait in for assessment for autism but the pediatrician was saying she don't think it's that but the more I read the more it sounds like him but the pda is exactly how he is...

Ps.i did change my name on profile 

• So he has an EHCP, but that's related to some other disability or need? No diagnosis of autism or 'PDA'?

Yes, some people don't understand and unfairly blame parenting.

PDA probably isn't a distinct condition from autism, but can describe autistic behaviour at particular times. Here's the article I keep sharing about PDA:

https://autisticmotherland.com/2018/05/23/pda/

By the way, you may also want to look in the 'Parents and carers' section of the forum, and you may want to change your nickname on this site from the 'NAS3xxxx' and possibly your image. To do that, just click on the round button up the top right of the page, and then 'Profile' and then 'Edit profile'.