Hello all new here.

i am a bit nervous as I type, hope you are well.

i have a nearly 3 year old boy, who I have suspicions of having ASD, I brought my concerns up with the health visitor at the age of 18 months old but she had quickly denied this. Certain things that my son was acting out didn’t feel quite right. He is currently attending speech therapy as he can’t say a single word.

he has attended 3 audiology appointments 1 out of 3 was a result from the hearing test as he couldn’t sit longer than 10 minutes. I met with the ENT doctor 2 days ago he explained that his result was ok although there was fleuxation with the readings but was nothing to be concerned about, he asked me my concerns and I stated them, he then began to say it could be probable that it is ASD. I’m not actually sure how to take this answer.

Does not respond to his name.

covering his ears especially with the noise of buses and the hoover.

always on tip toes.

lack of speech.

and doesn’t play with other children.

hand flapping (stars hands from clench fist).

lately he has tilted his head to the side but unsure if that really matters. 

wakes up crying at night.

finger flicks 

Shakes his head “no” style from time to time 

there is probably more but can’t think of the top of my head, I’m sorry this is such a essay and please opinion would be fantastic feel so lonely and out of place within my head. TIA

• Dear NAS37435

You may like to contact our Autism Helpline team who can provide you with information and advice in regards to your concerns about your son. You can contact the team via telephone on 0808 800 4104 (Monday to Thursday 10am to 4pm, Friday 9am to 3pm). Please note that the Helpline is experiencing a high volume of calls and it may take a couple of attempts before you get through to speak to an advisor. Alternatively, should you prefer to send a message, you can do so via their webform:

https://www.autism.org.uk/services/helplines/main/questions.aspx

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Ayshe Mod