Newly diagnosed what now?

Hi my names kat I'm 25 and I was diagnosed with asd yesterday. I don't really know what the next step is? Or what I can get help with or anything really?! 

Parents
  • Good question. It's been over 2 years since my diagnosis (which surprised me a bit), and although there was a peer support group for a while afterwards, I was rather expecting more. Some kind of intensive support, even, or at least guidance about what the diagnosis means.   Instead, it's largely been up to me to find autism-related groups and information. My disability is also so invisible or difficult to understand that I'd have a struggle getting any financial support, because I don't really need it in the short term. Are you working?

By the way, did you read the forum rules? There's one:

This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details on it. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.

People tend to use a first name or pseudonym here. Yours may be a pseudonym for all I know; I'm just being pernickety. If you need to, you can change your name on this forum, by going to your profile up the top right of the page, then 'Edit profile', then you can edit the name to the right of the image.

• Good question. It's been over 2 years since my diagnosis (which surprised me a bit), and although there was a peer support group for a while afterwards, I was rather expecting more. Some kind of intensive support, even, or at least guidance about what the diagnosis means.   Instead, it's largely been up to me to find autism-related groups and information. My disability is also so invisible or difficult to understand that I'd have a struggle getting any financial support, because I don't really need it in the short term. Are you working?

By the way, did you read the forum rules? There's one:

This Community forum is public, so do not post personal or identifying details on it. This includes, but is not limited to, full names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers.

People tend to use a first name or pseudonym here. Yours may be a pseudonym for all I know; I'm just being pernickety. If you need to, you can change your name on this forum, by going to your profile up the top right of the page, then 'Edit profile', then you can edit the name to the right of the image.

Children
No Data