Sensory overload - does this sound like ASD?

I had to go shopping in town today which I avoid as I dread and suffer badly from sensory overload and dislike crowds and social interaction in shops. I then had to take two buses home in the heat through busy part of town. I have felt quite jetlagged since then which is over 6 hours ago. Does this sound like ASD? I aware that other traits are involved too. 

Parents
  • It might well be. I often feel like that when I've had a particularly overloaded experience. I suffer with clinical anxiety also though. Going on discussions I've had with fellow people on the spectrum this sounds likely because of how common it is. I can feel like it for days sometimes.

• Thanks Cloudy. I felt broken yesterday... Recovered now. I also suffer from anxiety and depression but wonder if ASD too

• Good to hear you have recharged your batteries. Sensory processing problems are my main problem. I can totally empathise. They are the things that cause most of my anxiety. They are things that aren't highlighted enough in Autism awareness imo. I'm not too bad at dealing with people but my senses are shot to ***. The fear of certain situations that cause overload are the main cause of my anxiety and the way it restricts my life is the cause of my slumps. 

• Good to hear you have recharged your batteries. Sensory processing problems are my main problem. I can totally empathise. They are the things that cause most of my anxiety. They are things that aren't highlighted enough in Autism awareness imo. I'm not too bad at dealing with people but my senses are shot to ***. The fear of certain situations that cause overload are the main cause of my anxiety and the way it restricts my life is the cause of my slumps. 

Children
No Data