(Waves) Hello From East Midlands

Hiya (Waves) I am Vistauk and from East Midlands looking for friends

I am 35 but look alot younger for my age and still a child at heart and still have to wear nappies for my mental heath 

Hugs & Cuddles to all 

Parents
  • Hi qwerty, how are you and what brings you here?

• I'm actually quite new here too. I'm in the process of waiting for an assessment. I found it helpful to read people's experiences on here, and try to help out when I can by answering other people's treads.

• Thanks for sharing. I'm happy for you that you have finally found the answer! I have been really stressed thinking about assessment, as I feel I might not know how to deal with the results. I'm glad that you have reached the acceptance phase, and I hope this additional understanding of yourself will help you in the future. 

• After my first appointment I kinda guessed i was asd. The second appointment when I was officially diagnosed came as a huge relief. I walked out of his office a different person. I finally find out who I really am. It mainly came as a "differential diagnosis" for 20 years I had been treated for depression/ social anxiety by various gps. The previously undiagnosed asd was the cause of my problems, rather than any particular "external factors". It's around 6 weeks since now, I must inform you for me it felt a bit like bereavement. There's an initial relief that finally you have an answer, next came a very flat numb feeling, thirdly depression. Now I'm in the acceptance phase. So beware even after diagnosis it will probably be an emotional rollercoaster for you.

• After my first appointment I kinda guessed i was asd. The second appointment when I was officially diagnosed came as a huge relief. I walked out of his office a different person. I finally find out who I really am. It mainly came as a "differential diagnosis" for 20 years I had been treated for depression/ social anxiety by various gps. The previously undiagnosed asd was the cause of my problems, rather than any particular "external factors". It's around 6 weeks since now, I must inform you for me it felt a bit like bereavement. There's an initial relief that finally you have an answer, next came a very flat numb feeling, thirdly depression. Now I'm in the acceptance phase. So beware even after diagnosis it will probably be an emotional rollercoaster for you.

Children
  • Thanks for sharing. I'm happy for you that you have finally found the answer! I have been really stressed thinking about assessment, as I feel I might not know how to deal with the results. I'm glad that you have reached the acceptance phase, and I hope this additional understanding of yourself will help you in the future.