Things that are good to be done when upon this NAS Forum, Thanks

Yes, I know that I have begun a few Threads lately, and people want to ignore them (because of myself!?)... It does not matter that this Thread has no replies. Extra advice Posted is useful of course, however.

I am only Posting a sort of message here, Thank You all. (This is a sort of FYI-Thread, for the plenty of people who do not know.)

1 - IF YOU SEE A POST WHICH YOU LIKE, THEN PLEASE VOTE IT UP / UPVOTE IT.  

There are two arrows below a Post. Touch the UP arrow, until the number of "LIKES" goes up by one, and the Arrow turns Red/Pink. Then, do not touch it again, else the "Vote"-Number shall go down again. Always pay attention to this.

...People appreciate being "UpVoted" here.

2 - IF YOU REALLY LIKE A POST, THEN UPVOTE IT AND (IF YOU CAN) POST A REPLY.

...We honestly do not mind how long or short a Reply is, in this Forum. After an UpVote, a Reply may simply be: "Yes.", or "Thank You", or "I agree with part of that.". Any Reply at all (which is not a "rude word"!)

...People appreciate acknowledgment here, no matter how small.

(Editing a Reply is done via checking the "MORE"  Word beneath your own Post, and then the Post may be Edited or Deleted.)

4 - IF A POST OR THREAD SEEMS TO BREAK ANY OF THE COMMUNITY RULES, NAS SAYS TO "REPORT AS ABUSIVE". 

...If this Thread continues, I would discuss this, and what happens to "Deleted Users"... I could easily have been one of these myself early on!

That is all for now. Yes, I missed out a Number 3., I know that. Again I say that Replies are not necessary and this is FYI (For Your Information).

Edit: I have Edited Number 4. Sorry for my confusion, before.

Parents
  • TO HATE A POST, NAS SAYS TO "REPORT AS ABUSIVE".

You can dislike a post without it being abusive. In that case, I guess you'd vote it down. However, I don't think you should vote down a post just because you disagree with it.

Sorry, but I just have to know. Why did you miss number 3 on purpose? Do you have a thing about that number?

I'm sorry but I don't really agree with your 2. Just saying "I agree" adds nothing to the conversation. I think if you're going to state that you agree with something, you should at least say why or add to the discussion in some way. Otherwise, people see that there has been a new reply to the thread and have to search through the whole thread just to see that someone said  "Yes" or "Thank you" or "I agree."

• Hi DC thank you for putting this information up. Not everyone knows how to use this forum, and I for one wasn’t confident at the beginning to ask in case it seemed a bit obvious or silly, 

I am currently awake as I have pretty bad back pain, I find sitting up less painful.

I do like it if people vote up my posts even just to say or mean they agree or like it,,, not everyone wants to formulate a reply for many reasons, If I am having a cloudy day I quite often log on just to vote up if I find a reply to any post helpful or informative, I don’t always have energy to reply and voting a kind comment up allows me to give my support.

Now as we are talking about the vote up and use of! I have long wondered just how Many votes up can be added? 

On one thread long ago  I voted it down as I felt very strongly that it was unkind and caused distress to another member, I did not want to argue with the person as it would have only added fuel to the fire, it only cancelled out someone else’s up vote? 4 upvotes became 3? No sign of my down vote, if you highlight the number it should then show who voted up by user name,

Anyone fancy up-voting this reply just to find out? I reckon 4 is it’s maximum!

once it no longer will count up we could then start voting it down to see how it changes!

I also the thread I talked about above I would not report as “abusive” as I was once reported for disagreeing with a member and I received an email from NAS telling me I had been reported as being abusive, now I argued it was only a difference of opinion not abusive,

apparently that is abusive in that I disagreed, I find the word to be very distressing when aimed at me, they said they had looked into it and were not going to uphold the report as abusive, but it still distressed me. 

I would suggest using the report as abusive button to only be used when anyone feels really offended or hurt, if it is just to disagree or get even it isn’t right.

we do really well on this forum, we pretty much get along together, we spot  trouble and either jointly ignore it or if it is just to upset and nothing else it gets reported and eventually edited or deleted.

On occasion we have been bombarded by spambots or rogue links to advertising products, we see it and warn others not to click on any links or even respond directly, that is what makes this forum a friendly community, helping each other as best we can, 

many thanks DC,

take care x()x

• Hi DC thank you for putting this information up. Not everyone knows how to use this forum, and I for one wasn’t confident at the beginning to ask in case it seemed a bit obvious or silly, 

I am currently awake as I have pretty bad back pain, I find sitting up less painful.

I do like it if people vote up my posts even just to say or mean they agree or like it,,, not everyone wants to formulate a reply for many reasons, If I am having a cloudy day I quite often log on just to vote up if I find a reply to any post helpful or informative, I don’t always have energy to reply and voting a kind comment up allows me to give my support.

Now as we are talking about the vote up and use of! I have long wondered just how Many votes up can be added? 

On one thread long ago  I voted it down as I felt very strongly that it was unkind and caused distress to another member, I did not want to argue with the person as it would have only added fuel to the fire, it only cancelled out someone else’s up vote? 4 upvotes became 3? No sign of my down vote, if you highlight the number it should then show who voted up by user name,

Anyone fancy up-voting this reply just to find out? I reckon 4 is it’s maximum!

once it no longer will count up we could then start voting it down to see how it changes!

I also the thread I talked about above I would not report as “abusive” as I was once reported for disagreeing with a member and I received an email from NAS telling me I had been reported as being abusive, now I argued it was only a difference of opinion not abusive,

apparently that is abusive in that I disagreed, I find the word to be very distressing when aimed at me, they said they had looked into it and were not going to uphold the report as abusive, but it still distressed me. 

I would suggest using the report as abusive button to only be used when anyone feels really offended or hurt, if it is just to disagree or get even it isn’t right.

we do really well on this forum, we pretty much get along together, we spot  trouble and either jointly ignore it or if it is just to upset and nothing else it gets reported and eventually edited or deleted.

On occasion we have been bombarded by spambots or rogue links to advertising products, we see it and warn others not to click on any links or even respond directly, that is what makes this forum a friendly community, helping each other as best we can, 

many thanks DC,

take care x()x

Children