Hello - Mother to 15 yr old with ASD

Hello everyone. I am Mum to a delightful 15 yr old son who has been diagnosed with ASD for the past several years. I am new to the NAS and am saying hello as my son is suffering more with anxiety Wave tone2he lead up to his exams and any advice is always welcome Wave tone2

Parents
  • Hello. You may get responses from other parents, and from autistic adults. I'm one of the second group.

Anxiety is extremely common in autistic people, and in teens, there seems to be a lot to be anxious about  in understanding people's motives. However, it's often hard to know what one is feeling, or what one's feeling it about. You might like to think about what has eased the anxiety recently, and when it has been worse.

• Hello. You may get responses from other parents, and from autistic adults. I'm one of the second group.

Anxiety is extremely common in autistic people, and in teens, there seems to be a lot to be anxious about  in understanding people's motives. However, it's often hard to know what one is feeling, or what one's feeling it about. You might like to think about what has eased the anxiety recently, and when it has been worse.

Children
  • Thanks Cassandro for responding. I am certainly keen to know what worsens and what eases his anxiety. We have identified certain things at school which are being addressed. It can be a slow process though can’t it as he has difficulty identifying and discussing things that have caused him anxiety. Happily he starts a course through CAMHS this week specifically designed to help,him identify and cope with his anxiety