Any experiences with the medication Aripiprazol (Abilify is the name it gets in Belgium)

I take this medication now for 2 weeks. I have to admit the results are astonishing. 

Going to IKEA was by me considered to be one of the forgotten levels of Dante's inferno... I did that today all by myself... no backlash yet...

I'm still a bit apprehensive... It's usually subscribed for schizophrenia, bipolar, major depression, borderline... and sometimes tried on Autists to lower the aggression...

Well, the aggression was there...  I'm not sure if it's gone. It's never been a major issue for me... For me major issues are

- taking things literally 

- making solutions too complicated and not seeing the obvious for others problem with that

- being perceived as arrogant and pedantic.

I really look forward to your experiences with this medication.

Parents
  • I admit, today I decided to test the limits of the damn drug... Like the show TOP GEAR would mistreat any car given in their custody.

-IKEA, assembling furniture with my mom in the room, visiting the elderly, nice phonecall with my older sister, grocery shopping... 

• Joy I had a very bad day, but you've just brightened my mood. I can imagine Clarkson doing the voiceover.

Your "problem statement" was a close match for me, so I'll look out for these "friends", since I could probably use a little help right now.

• Dong Feng, I also plan on taking iron supplement and vitamine D. It's come to my attention that I have a deficiency of these. My wife agrees that in proper doses, vitamines can not be dangerous... Only some types of elements can cause dietary problems. I ate lots of nuts once as part of a Paleo-lowcarb diet, and got selenium-levels as a result that were double the advised limit, with risk of hairloss and nail-damage (never observed). I also think vit A can cause Vitaminose if taken in too high doses...

• Dong Feng, I also plan on taking iron supplement and vitamine D. It's come to my attention that I have a deficiency of these. My wife agrees that in proper doses, vitamines can not be dangerous... Only some types of elements can cause dietary problems. I ate lots of nuts once as part of a Paleo-lowcarb diet, and got selenium-levels as a result that were double the advised limit, with risk of hairloss and nail-damage (never observed). I also think vit A can cause Vitaminose if taken in too high doses...

Children