Sunglasses

As I recently discovered that I am autistic and lights have always been a problem for me, I would like to get sunglasses and wear them everywhere.

Do you wear sunglasses indoors?

Where would be the best place to get them? I do not like shops and meet strangers, so the best way would be online.

If, I buy them online how can I know that they will fit me?

Parents
  • I often wear my sunglasses indoors. Occasionally people comment on it but I just say "My eyes are sensitive to bright lights," and people are always happy to accept that.

I would recommend you find a small independent opticians rather than a large chain. They tend to be a lot quieter and have more time to spend with you if you need extra time, for example when booking an appointment. It may help to explain that you are uncomfortable with strangers and unfamiliar places.

• I often wear my sunglasses indoors. Occasionally people comment on it but I just say "My eyes are sensitive to bright lights," and people are always happy to accept that.

I would recommend you find a small independent opticians rather than a large chain. They tend to be a lot quieter and have more time to spend with you if you need extra time, for example when booking an appointment. It may help to explain that you are uncomfortable with strangers and unfamiliar places.

Children
No Data