Eating with Aspergers

Hello everyone, I'm wanting to live a better and healthier life but I struggle with eating different foods. All for different reasons that make it extremely hard for me to try different foods and meals. I was wondering if anyone else has a similar problem and knows how to work around it? 

Parents
  • Jackie, this is an area I know a lot about. The thing that's difficult is finding a dietitian who understands how ASD affects food intake.

I has a patient with severe food restrictions thanks to her ASD and OCD. when we put her typical intake through an analysis program the only thing badly out was her calcium intake. You could ask your GP to refer you with a specific request that the dietitians did a 7 day good record analysis though the nutrient analysis program.

Once you knew where the gaps you work on the problem one thing at a time. So if it is calcium the main source is dairy and we worked out she would eat baby bell cheeses, so put those in twice a day - calcium intake sorted.

• Jackie, this is an area I know a lot about. The thing that's difficult is finding a dietitian who understands how ASD affects food intake.

I has a patient with severe food restrictions thanks to her ASD and OCD. when we put her typical intake through an analysis program the only thing badly out was her calcium intake. You could ask your GP to refer you with a specific request that the dietitians did a 7 day good record analysis though the nutrient analysis program.

Once you knew where the gaps you work on the problem one thing at a time. So if it is calcium the main source is dairy and we worked out she would eat baby bell cheeses, so put those in twice a day - calcium intake sorted.

Children
No Data