Venlafaxine

Hi all, 

Does anyone here have experience of the antidepressant venlafaxine making suicidal thoughts/ideation, hopelessness, anger, etc, worse while lifting mood? It appears we've swapped one set of symptoms for a couple of others which are just as dangerous! Getting the right monitoring from mental health services is proving impossible - I'm sure these drugs have made him more likely to attempt suicide than less likely.

Thank you :-)

Parents
  • QuirkyFriend, I don't think your last comment is crazy at all, the thought of what would happen to my beloved cat is what keeps me going through the bad patches too.

I've only had her for almost a year now, but if I hadn't adopted her from the local cat rescue centre last July, I honestly don't know how I would have coped. Last year was an especially difficult time for me & she did more to help me through it than any of the medication I have been prescribed.

• QuirkyFriend, I don't think your last comment is crazy at all, the thought of what would happen to my beloved cat is what keeps me going through the bad patches too.

I've only had her for almost a year now, but if I hadn't adopted her from the local cat rescue centre last July, I honestly don't know how I would have coped. Last year was an especially difficult time for me & she did more to help me through it than any of the medication I have been prescribed.

Children
No Data