Autism Advisory Service Hertfordshire

I don't feel Hertfordshire Autism Advisory Service (and is employed by the education authority and visits schools to provide advice on how best to meet children's needs in school) is all that good and it would be interesting to see if other people in Hertfordshire feel the same way. The support has been thin to say the least. They have advised not to go for a Statement and also Ed Psych meeting. It just seems odd. If you don't test for what you have, how do you move forward? The County are just brainwashed into saving money all the time.

G's needs have not been assessed recently and I also feel unsure about the help he needs that is why I feel he needs to be assessed by an Ed Psych. I now feel I have to justify this but don't have any really good answers yet apart from I need him tested. - I will justify it in the end with all the info on the chat community. It will just take time to trawl through all the posts.

I feel like a full-time researcher!

H

Parents
  • I am a total agreement with you Hertfordshire is a shocking country and 100% cut corners to save the money so they can spend it on decorating school ect. We have no help from the local authorities nor do we get external advice or help with home care for our Son. Ehcp was awarded after a long fight! Only received 10 hours! Ridiculous 

• I am a total agreement with you Hertfordshire is a shocking country and 100% cut corners to save the money so they can spend it on decorating school ect. We have no help from the local authorities nor do we get external advice or help with home care for our Son. Ehcp was awarded after a long fight! Only received 10 hours! Ridiculous 

Children
No Data