Sickness

Hi, My 5 year old son has autism and when ever he's unwell in any way (and often even when he's not) he is sick too. I have read a few articles which say gastrointestinal problems can be common in children with autism. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to help or prevent this? Thanks E
Parents
  • Thanks for all the information. I have been looking into food intolerance and ibs as possible issues. He has a good, varied diet and isn't overly fussy though he doesn't like rice. He doesn't tend to get the same foods over and over again or only eat one or two things. I also haven't been able to pin down specific foods being a cause through keeping a food diary and eliminating certain things. Will just need to keep on trying and see how it goes. At the moment he's sick because he's got a cold and the mucous seems to lie in his tummy and cause him problems digesting food. It them all comes back up later! 

Thanks again!

• Thanks for all the information. I have been looking into food intolerance and ibs as possible issues. He has a good, varied diet and isn't overly fussy though he doesn't like rice. He doesn't tend to get the same foods over and over again or only eat one or two things. I also haven't been able to pin down specific foods being a cause through keeping a food diary and eliminating certain things. Will just need to keep on trying and see how it goes. At the moment he's sick because he's got a cold and the mucous seems to lie in his tummy and cause him problems digesting food. It them all comes back up later! 

Thanks again!

Children
No Data