Sickness

Hi, My 5 year old son has autism and when ever he's unwell in any way (and often even when he's not) he is sick too. I have read a few articles which say gastrointestinal problems can be common in children with autism. Has anyone else experienced this and if so, is there a way to help or prevent this? Thanks E
Parents
  • I hadn't seen that in any of the articles I've read. Useful to know as my son is non-verbal so can't tell us what's wrong with him or how he's feeling. He has very loose bowels a lot of the time, I wonder now if this is related to it all too. Surely doctors should be a bit more aware of these things and make these links. Will need to keep an eye on things, as it sounds like it could be something similar!

Thanks for your info!

E

• I hadn't seen that in any of the articles I've read. Useful to know as my son is non-verbal so can't tell us what's wrong with him or how he's feeling. He has very loose bowels a lot of the time, I wonder now if this is related to it all too. Surely doctors should be a bit more aware of these things and make these links. Will need to keep an eye on things, as it sounds like it could be something similar!

Thanks for your info!

E

Children
No Data