Noise Cancelling Headphones

Hi there,

My son has Aspergers and learning difficulties.  He is extremely noise sensitive and struggles at school.  I am trying to research the best noise cancelling headphones/ear defenders.  I have bought him some ear defenders on Amazon which he has tried out today but they didnt help.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Lettie

Parents
  • One time when I was stressed and couldn't find our way to the Croft for our 8 week assessment I happened upon a centre for sensory issues. 

I couldn't find it again after assessment but went searching online and this is what I found:

The Sound Learning Centre in Palmers Green London. 

If you child is already assessed by an NHS body, then treatment can begin here. The private assessment I had by [removed by moderator] was far more professional and informed than the years trying to find answers in schools with social workers or any other one who'd listen when he was having issues in the class room. 

I would advise anyone to get an assessment there, the respect and understanding is top class. The report was a thick book and it only took a week to get to me. 

The cost of the assessment was £395. but well worth it for the EHCP. Although the LEA borrowed it and lost it alledgedly I can always get a copy. I live in [removed by moderator] and it's a nightmare for any child with ASD. Although new schools are on the horizon for 2019, but will they have proper teachers.

Anyway there are treatments available for Autistic persons, and the Aspergic symptoms can go away as a result.

There is a wiring issue in the brain or a development issue which [removed by moderator] swears she can sort. Usually kids benefit best if they are young but the treatment can help adults too.

Look it up, it's worth it and if you don't have money you can apply through someone in your borough or [removed by moderator] will advise you on which charity to apply to.

Best of luck to you all.  

(*This post has been edited by a moderator to comply with the community rules)

• One time when I was stressed and couldn't find our way to the Croft for our 8 week assessment I happened upon a centre for sensory issues. 

I couldn't find it again after assessment but went searching online and this is what I found:

The Sound Learning Centre in Palmers Green London. 

If you child is already assessed by an NHS body, then treatment can begin here. The private assessment I had by [removed by moderator] was far more professional and informed than the years trying to find answers in schools with social workers or any other one who'd listen when he was having issues in the class room. 

I would advise anyone to get an assessment there, the respect and understanding is top class. The report was a thick book and it only took a week to get to me. 

The cost of the assessment was £395. but well worth it for the EHCP. Although the LEA borrowed it and lost it alledgedly I can always get a copy. I live in [removed by moderator] and it's a nightmare for any child with ASD. Although new schools are on the horizon for 2019, but will they have proper teachers.

Anyway there are treatments available for Autistic persons, and the Aspergic symptoms can go away as a result.

There is a wiring issue in the brain or a development issue which [removed by moderator] swears she can sort. Usually kids benefit best if they are young but the treatment can help adults too.

Look it up, it's worth it and if you don't have money you can apply through someone in your borough or [removed by moderator] will advise you on which charity to apply to.

Best of luck to you all.  

(*This post has been edited by a moderator to comply with the community rules)

Children
No Data