Brain Scan a good thing.?

This is my first post in this discussion.

It might soon be possible to discover if someone is Autistic by a brain scan.

There is information about the new brain scan on the web site and the articles were written last year in 2010.   Anyone can look it up for themselves on the web.

The computer can tell small differences in the brain so tell if the person is on the Autistic Spectrum.

It would be much quicker than interviewing the person.

I do not know if a person would count as Autistic if they behaved as though they were but the brain scan did not show Autism.

People in that situation might be denied help if they did not count as Autistic.

In the 1980s I was told that the brain scans did not detect anything wrong with my brians.   People who knew me were not impressed.

I have since done brain scans for research the idea being to find out by scanning many Autistic people if their brains are different from Non Autistic people.

That research might have helped them develop the new brain scan.

Do you think the new brain scan will be a good thing when it is developed?

What would you feel if the brain scan found that your were not Autistic? 

David

Parents
  • This is very preliminary research and to have a significant statistical result we would need to have close to 30,000 case studies in order to cover as many differing neurological structures as possible.

Looking at disablement generally in the world population, it works out at 1 in 4 and in the UK, which should have a low incidence of disablement compared to third world countries we have 1 in 7.

I am in acute and chronic pain and I do not wish that on anyone and frankly if arthritis could be cured I would be the first person to have it done and to apply eugenics to prevent others going through the levels of pain that I have.

Equally if conditions like deafness and autism were painful, you would all be out campaigning to get rid of them.

No country can afford to keep an increasing population of disabled people without that country going bankrupt at some point.

We have a finite size of world, with a finite amount of food production and an increasingly broken set of medical facilities and support systems for us disabled people.

This is not about being deprived of life, this about being realistic and realising that either we change the ways that we live and think about human rights and actively control our breeding or we are heading for World War Three and a fight for who gets to live off the resources.

There is a solution, it is very simple, stop allowing others to stand for Parliament or for District and County Councils and stand up and be counted at local and central government elections; be a councillor or an MP.

Take Parliament and the Councils away from those who wish to place the burden of financial reparations on those whom they think have the least power.

In this country 1 in 4 of the voting public is disabled, so let's get off our backsides and do something constructive.

• This is very preliminary research and to have a significant statistical result we would need to have close to 30,000 case studies in order to cover as many differing neurological structures as possible.

Looking at disablement generally in the world population, it works out at 1 in 4 and in the UK, which should have a low incidence of disablement compared to third world countries we have 1 in 7.

I am in acute and chronic pain and I do not wish that on anyone and frankly if arthritis could be cured I would be the first person to have it done and to apply eugenics to prevent others going through the levels of pain that I have.

Equally if conditions like deafness and autism were painful, you would all be out campaigning to get rid of them.

No country can afford to keep an increasing population of disabled people without that country going bankrupt at some point.

We have a finite size of world, with a finite amount of food production and an increasingly broken set of medical facilities and support systems for us disabled people.

This is not about being deprived of life, this about being realistic and realising that either we change the ways that we live and think about human rights and actively control our breeding or we are heading for World War Three and a fight for who gets to live off the resources.

There is a solution, it is very simple, stop allowing others to stand for Parliament or for District and County Councils and stand up and be counted at local and central government elections; be a councillor or an MP.

Take Parliament and the Councils away from those who wish to place the burden of financial reparations on those whom they think have the least power.

In this country 1 in 4 of the voting public is disabled, so let's get off our backsides and do something constructive.

Children
No Data