URGANT ADVICE REGARDING DIALYSIS

Hey thanks for stopping by.

I am in need of urgant advice, i support a gentleman with Austim and recently had some bad news regarding his health,

They have said he has a month to live but could get better with Dialysis. the problem is, he will not allow anyone to use a needle on him, to get bloods last time he had to be sudated under GA.

The hospital have said they can not do this for Dialysis.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea on how we can get around the problems.

I do not want to give up on the idea we can get this done

Parents
  • Does he understand that he is choosing between life and death and that there are no other alternatives? He is, at the end of the day, entitled to make this choice as long as he has sufficient mental capacity. Does he have enough mental capacity to understand the question?

I understand where he is coming from as I have always been terrified of needles and anything related to hospitals so he has my sympathy. Recently, I had an accident and wound up in A&E and found that the inevitability of the situation made it much easier. I realised that there was nothing to be done but let them get on with it and it wasn't anything like as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm now the proud owner of a screwed and plated hip joint and am back on my feet again. The fear of the needle is worse than the needle itself.

Make sure he is lying down and looking away and that he doesn't see the needle coming - even with this approach I still fainted in A&E but at least the needle was in then. It can get easier each time if he can be persuaded that it is worth it.

• Does he understand that he is choosing between life and death and that there are no other alternatives? He is, at the end of the day, entitled to make this choice as long as he has sufficient mental capacity. Does he have enough mental capacity to understand the question?

I understand where he is coming from as I have always been terrified of needles and anything related to hospitals so he has my sympathy. Recently, I had an accident and wound up in A&E and found that the inevitability of the situation made it much easier. I realised that there was nothing to be done but let them get on with it and it wasn't anything like as bad as I thought it was going to be. I'm now the proud owner of a screwed and plated hip joint and am back on my feet again. The fear of the needle is worse than the needle itself.

Make sure he is lying down and looking away and that he doesn't see the needle coming - even with this approach I still fainted in A&E but at least the needle was in then. It can get easier each time if he can be persuaded that it is worth it.

Children
No Data