URGANT ADVICE REGARDING DIALYSIS

Hey thanks for stopping by.

I am in need of urgant advice, i support a gentleman with Austim and recently had some bad news regarding his health,

They have said he has a month to live but could get better with Dialysis. the problem is, he will not allow anyone to use a needle on him, to get bloods last time he had to be sudated under GA.

The hospital have said they can not do this for Dialysis.

Has anyone experienced this or have any idea on how we can get around the problems.

I do not want to give up on the idea we can get this done

Parents
  • Yes, I know how he feels.  I have just come back from the hospital where, due to kidney disease, I have to give blood every four weeks.  Today I was almost on the ceiling as they were taking my blood, as it hurts me more than others I think.  They can put on some gel which numbs the skin, but that only helps if they get in first time.  Dialysis will seem like a burden for me too.  But I am sure that the nurses would see it as a challenge to get through rather than a No outright.  They must have some ideas.

I hope you find some good people to help you all through.

Margaret

• Yes, I know how he feels.  I have just come back from the hospital where, due to kidney disease, I have to give blood every four weeks.  Today I was almost on the ceiling as they were taking my blood, as it hurts me more than others I think.  They can put on some gel which numbs the skin, but that only helps if they get in first time.  Dialysis will seem like a burden for me too.  But I am sure that the nurses would see it as a challenge to get through rather than a No outright.  They must have some ideas.

I hope you find some good people to help you all through.

Margaret

Children
No Data