ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • What is an EQ or AQ? I was never tested as a kid or indeed at all at any point since until now. I'd never heard of any of these sort of issues until about a decade ago. I'm the only one that's looked into this, doctors aren't remotely interested though a DWP Work Psychologist thinks I have 'Non Verbal Learning Disorder'. When I mentioned this to the clinician testing me she said, at first, there was no such thing. I went back to the WP and told her this and she said 'it is such a thing' at which point the clinician decided that yes it did exist. Frankly this whole process is a load of nonsense.
  • What is an EQ or AQ? I was never tested as a kid or indeed at all at any point since until now. I'd never heard of any of these sort of issues until about a decade ago. I'm the only one that's looked into this, doctors aren't remotely interested though a DWP Work Psychologist thinks I have 'Non Verbal Learning Disorder'. When I mentioned this to the clinician testing me she said, at first, there was no such thing. I went back to the WP and told her this and she said 'it is such a thing' at which point the clinician decided that yes it did exist. Frankly this whole process is a load of nonsense.
Children
No Data