ADOS Test for Adults

Is the ADOS test suitable for adults? I don't think it is. I had a test first half of last year and the end result was they couldn't give me a positive diagnosis (partly because I couldn't supply a full childhood history, which is impossible). These tests had me looking through a kids picture book and being asked what the story was! This is absurd. It might be suitable for kids, but for a 41 year old it's a joke.
Parents
  • I know this is an old thread but it describes my experience. I had the same test was given the book with flying frogs. Some patterns to fix on a diagram and some paper clips to make up a story. Well seeing I read English as my 1st degree going through a story or making one up was not a problem. I was then told I didn't score enough to reach the threshold. I also couldn't supply my childhood information. My parents are immigrants who had gone back to their country with me as a child. Unfortunately no records were kept. I ended up being given a diagnosis of atypical autism. 

• I know this is an old thread but it describes my experience. I had the same test was given the book with flying frogs. Some patterns to fix on a diagram and some paper clips to make up a story. Well seeing I read English as my 1st degree going through a story or making one up was not a problem. I was then told I didn't score enough to reach the threshold. I also couldn't supply my childhood information. My parents are immigrants who had gone back to their country with me as a child. Unfortunately no records were kept. I ended up being given a diagnosis of atypical autism. 

Children
No Data