Epilim & autism?

I diddnt know till this evening that this epeleptic drug can cause autism, now though i did not take this when pregnant,do you think this could stay in your system or do something that causes it? i started taking this medication when i was around 15 to the age of 18 and wondering if this possibley could be the cause? however it should have well dissapeared out my system????/

Parents
  • Well mumof4boys772 shouldn't feel obliged to tells us, which should be a confidential matter. 

It doesn't matter why she was taking it as she took the medication a long time before her son was born.

Recombinantsocks seems to be proposing, that as epilepsy is sometimes comorbid with autism, MO4B772 had autism (by inference she took epilim because of autism and not depression or migraines), and passed it on to her child? Its rather a long shot.

Some parents who are diagnosed with autism have children who haven't got autism.

Could we please drop the generational autism blame culture.

• Well mumof4boys772 shouldn't feel obliged to tells us, which should be a confidential matter. 

It doesn't matter why she was taking it as she took the medication a long time before her son was born.

Recombinantsocks seems to be proposing, that as epilepsy is sometimes comorbid with autism, MO4B772 had autism (by inference she took epilim because of autism and not depression or migraines), and passed it on to her child? Its rather a long shot.

Some parents who are diagnosed with autism have children who haven't got autism.

Could we please drop the generational autism blame culture.

Children
No Data