Obesity

I am over 140 KG (22 Stone, 308 Pounds) and have found that being an Aspie who is a Full Time Carer for my 89 Year-Old Grandmother has taken its toll.

Ever since I was 10 I was on one form of a diet or another. There has been some good weight loss, but mainly it's upwards. My peak weight was 25 Stone. (350 Pounds, 158 KG)

I am completely at a loss as to how to cook healthily.

Parents
  • Hi Desmond, I too am a comfort eater. I agree that banning certain foods helps. If you give them up completely, you forget about them. When I was unhappy at work, I ate biscuits all day. On my days off, I would eat whole packs of cakes while watching tv. It is tough. 

I sugest that you shop imediately after a large meal, and ban one aisle at a time in the supermarket.

If you have time, try cooking an occaisional healthy meal. Once you have mastered it, you could cook double and put half in a freezer box for later.

Also walking is excellent for weight loss, even just round the block helps and it lifts your mood.

Good luck

• Hi Desmond, I too am a comfort eater. I agree that banning certain foods helps. If you give them up completely, you forget about them. When I was unhappy at work, I ate biscuits all day. On my days off, I would eat whole packs of cakes while watching tv. It is tough. 

I sugest that you shop imediately after a large meal, and ban one aisle at a time in the supermarket.

If you have time, try cooking an occaisional healthy meal. Once you have mastered it, you could cook double and put half in a freezer box for later.

Also walking is excellent for weight loss, even just round the block helps and it lifts your mood.

Good luck

Children
No Data