Coca Cola!

Hi everybody, Matthew here.

Just after Christmas 2013 (i think), I began to drink coke Coca Cola. Obviously I had drank it before then but I mean that I began to drink lots of it during a day, we're talking five or six cans a day. I am starting to cut down on how much I drink I just wanted to hear any suggestions you may have?

Oh and also, other than bad teeth can anything health wise happen to me if I drink to much coke? I am 17 meaning that I am acceptable to "some" diseases, such as Cancer and god knows what else!

I thank anyone who replies. Smile

Thanks for reading.

Kindest regards from,

Matthew.

Parents
  • Hiya,

@recombinantsocks yeah, the link is painfully aware for me. The dissodence (i know the logic is to go to the dentist and not drink cola) versus my actions (continue to drink cola, not go to the dentist) is very strong.

This week, i have massively cut down on soft drinks. I drank one meduim drink today while out with a work collgege (i took a fanta zero strawberry as a best effort giving the selection) and i had a single glass of pepsi max yesterday.

I also spent some time thinking about why pepsi max? I have concluded its not the drink. Its the pattern. Its easy (just pour) cold (from the fridge) and expected (my BF makes two glasses whenever he has a glass to "remind me" to drink)...

So i have brough a big bottle of squash (low sugar, robinsons stuff, an improvement as at leats its not carbonated!) and have refilled some old pepsi bottles with nice apple and blackcurrent squash Laughing Im going to see how it goes over the next few days.

yay!

Dentist wise i will be asking my best friend (and main carer) if he would take me the same way we approach the hairdressers when he visits tomorrow. Then its just the matter of finding a date where we can both book time off work and the dentist is avaliable.

Cheers

Jamie + Lion

• Hiya,

@recombinantsocks yeah, the link is painfully aware for me. The dissodence (i know the logic is to go to the dentist and not drink cola) versus my actions (continue to drink cola, not go to the dentist) is very strong.

This week, i have massively cut down on soft drinks. I drank one meduim drink today while out with a work collgege (i took a fanta zero strawberry as a best effort giving the selection) and i had a single glass of pepsi max yesterday.

I also spent some time thinking about why pepsi max? I have concluded its not the drink. Its the pattern. Its easy (just pour) cold (from the fridge) and expected (my BF makes two glasses whenever he has a glass to "remind me" to drink)...

So i have brough a big bottle of squash (low sugar, robinsons stuff, an improvement as at leats its not carbonated!) and have refilled some old pepsi bottles with nice apple and blackcurrent squash Laughing Im going to see how it goes over the next few days.

yay!

Dentist wise i will be asking my best friend (and main carer) if he would take me the same way we approach the hairdressers when he visits tomorrow. Then its just the matter of finding a date where we can both book time off work and the dentist is avaliable.

Cheers

Jamie + Lion

Children
No Data