Coca Cola!

Hi everybody, Matthew here.

Just after Christmas 2013 (i think), I began to drink coke Coca Cola. Obviously I had drank it before then but I mean that I began to drink lots of it during a day, we're talking five or six cans a day. I am starting to cut down on how much I drink I just wanted to hear any suggestions you may have?

Oh and also, other than bad teeth can anything health wise happen to me if I drink to much coke? I am 17 meaning that I am acceptable to "some" diseases, such as Cancer and god knows what else!

I thank anyone who replies. Smile

Thanks for reading.

Kindest regards from,

Matthew.

Parents
  • Caffeine is only one aspect of the coca cola problem. Coca Cola contains a lot of salt, as do a lot of "pepper" and citrus fizzy drinks. They need the sugar or arttificial sweetner in so-called low sugar versions to hide the taste of the salt. Apparently low caffeine coke has about the same salt content as ordinary coke.

As well as making you thirsty, the salt content has implications for blood pressure. The reason you want to drink more and more coca cola is the salt, increasing your thirst, and the "high" or buzz from the caffeine. It also makes you want to eat, which is why coca cola figures so strongly in fast food/junk food outlets.

Because of the sugar the calorific value is very high, so drinking lots of coca cola puts on weight. 

• Caffeine is only one aspect of the coca cola problem. Coca Cola contains a lot of salt, as do a lot of "pepper" and citrus fizzy drinks. They need the sugar or arttificial sweetner in so-called low sugar versions to hide the taste of the salt. Apparently low caffeine coke has about the same salt content as ordinary coke.

As well as making you thirsty, the salt content has implications for blood pressure. The reason you want to drink more and more coca cola is the salt, increasing your thirst, and the "high" or buzz from the caffeine. It also makes you want to eat, which is why coca cola figures so strongly in fast food/junk food outlets.

Because of the sugar the calorific value is very high, so drinking lots of coca cola puts on weight. 

Children
No Data