Gym

Hi I wondered first if anyone could recommend a gym in the Berkshire area that is neurodiveese friendly or at least verry quiet I've had a brief look and doesn't seem to be a lot out there desperate to go but there just to busy and hectic 

Parents
  • It seems that Arborfield Green Leisure Centre (in Berkshire) offers SEND sessions:

Reading Borough Council - Arborfield Green Leisure Centre SEND sessions

If that doesn't suit your needs, then I'd suggest contacting those gyms that would be the most convenient for you to reach and asking them the about the things that are most important to you.

For example:

• Do they routinely offer any formal SEND or quiet sessions (eg with no music playing, reduced / dimmed lighting)?
    • If they currently don't, it that something they'd consider doing?
    • What are typically the quietest times, with the fewest people using the gym?
    • Etc.

By way of example, you could refer them to the link above and also to this article about the low sensory gym sessions that are offered by Active Gyms in Leeds:

Leeds.gov.uk - Active Leeds introduces low sensory gym sessions

• It seems that Arborfield Green Leisure Centre (in Berkshire) offers SEND sessions:

Reading Borough Council - Arborfield Green Leisure Centre SEND sessions

If that doesn't suit your needs, then I'd suggest contacting those gyms that would be the most convenient for you to reach and asking them the about the things that are most important to you.

For example:

• Do they routinely offer any formal SEND or quiet sessions (eg with no music playing, reduced / dimmed lighting)?
    • If they currently don't, it that something they'd consider doing?
    • What are typically the quietest times, with the fewest people using the gym?
    • Etc.

By way of example, you could refer them to the link above and also to this article about the low sensory gym sessions that are offered by Active Gyms in Leeds:

Leeds.gov.uk - Active Leeds introduces low sensory gym sessions

Children
No Data