Dentists

Our NHS dentist is going private only after xmas, so any work will cost mega bucks. I wouldn't mind so much if I was treated like an adult able to make informed choices, but so often I feel infantalised and they don't know I'm ASC, I the gods alone know how they'd be if they did!

What is it with dentists that they feel able to tell you what treatment you're going to pay them for without giving you the options and then when you ask for alternatives say they don't do them? I don't care if I have a nice smile, I just want teeth to eat with in relative comfort. With the exception of vets I've never come across another profession whiich treats a paying customer like an idiot without any idea of what they want or need and are able to afford.

The dentist I'm with now tried to get me to have implants at 5k a tooth and that was when I was an NHS patient, will I be given an option of implants or go elsewhere? If I wanted implants and could afford them, I'd be more likely to go to India where I have family connections and could have my whole mouth done for the same price as one implant here.

Sorry this is a bit of a rant, but I'm cross!