Looking for a healthy work environment - autistic woman

Hi there ! Wave

So I have not been on this forum since around 4 years. I have been diagnosed autistic 3 years ago (at 23 years old). As much as this was a relief and it brought so much peace into my relathionship with myself, I heavily struggle in some areas, particularly with my career.

So I am simply asking here, any suggestions for a part time job offering a good environment for an autistic woman in London ? By "good environment" I mainly mean surrounded by a genuine team.

I have done many jobs, from fire fighter&first aid to visual merchandiser&stylist, passing by barista. The job itself is not even the main criteria, I just need a job where I am surrounded by a genuine team.

A few jobs have been in my mind such as lash artist, work in a french library (since I speak french), dogsitter, TA (not sure of the environment for that one though). I am simply looking for other perspectives and suggestions here, and why not specific adresses.

Parents
  • Hello ,

Thank you for sharing this with the community. Our employment pages include information and advice on looking for an applying for a job. We also have a webpage offering information and support on in your rights at work, dealing with bullying and interacting and coping at work 

You can also find a free online ‘Finding Employment’ module on our website. This module is designed to help autistic job seekers entering the job market in understanding their strengths and what next steps they could take towards gaining meaningful employment or work. 

Our Spectrum Live online series also features an episode discussing employment, this can be found here. 

Evenbreak matches disabled job seekers with employers to build a diverse workforce. You can visit the Evenbreak website for listed job vacancies. 

The British Association of Supported Employment (BASE), have a database of supported employment agencies, so you can search for one in your local area. 

Maximus offer a range of employability programmes throughout the UK, Including, programmes for disabled people who are struggling to fine work. 

Our current employment and volunteering opportunities with The National Autistic Society are listed on our vacancies page.  We particularly welcome applications from autistic people. 

I hope this helps,

Chloe Mod

• Hello ,

Thank you for sharing this with the community. Our employment pages include information and advice on looking for an applying for a job. We also have a webpage offering information and support on in your rights at work, dealing with bullying and interacting and coping at work 

You can also find a free online ‘Finding Employment’ module on our website. This module is designed to help autistic job seekers entering the job market in understanding their strengths and what next steps they could take towards gaining meaningful employment or work. 

Our Spectrum Live online series also features an episode discussing employment, this can be found here. 

Evenbreak matches disabled job seekers with employers to build a diverse workforce. You can visit the Evenbreak website for listed job vacancies. 

The British Association of Supported Employment (BASE), have a database of supported employment agencies, so you can search for one in your local area. 

Maximus offer a range of employability programmes throughout the UK, Including, programmes for disabled people who are struggling to fine work. 

Our current employment and volunteering opportunities with The National Autistic Society are listed on our vacancies page.  We particularly welcome applications from autistic people. 

I hope this helps,

Chloe Mod

Children
No Data