Does anyone struggle with excessive sleeping?

I am really struggling with excessive sleeping, I don't know why. I don't have any medical conditions other than my Autism and low B12.

I wake up at a usual time, around 8am but feel very dazed and fall asleep again until 10:30am and then stay in bed scrolling on my iPhone until around 1pm.

I'm trying really hard to improve my life and change things, but I feel exhausted and need lots of sleep. I used to be able to sleep fine and go to bed at a good time, but recently I have been resisting sleep so I don't fall asleep until around midnight or 1am.

There's a lot to unpack there, I'm feeling a little lost as I can't see many posts relating to excessive sleeping and Autism.

Any advice or personal experiences would be welcome, thanks! 

Parents
  • This is one area that even during Covid Lockdowns, I’ve always been very self-disciplined in and have not had many problems with over the years - between 10pm - Midnight (at the absolute latest 3am) I try to at least wind down for bedtime and I get up at 7am or 8am regardless - I also try to avoid “napping” during the afternoon (which is a very bad habit) - this is different again while travelling, as I can never sleep on an overnight coach, train nor ferry as I go by SailRail from Manchester when going home to Ireland - you can’t sleep on the coach out of Manchester, as you have to change coaches before you even get to Holyhead and it’s the same with the trains - once on the ferry, the crossing time from Holyhead to Dublin is only 3 hours so it’s pointless getting a cabin or napping on the seats, especially during a rough crossing on the Irish Sea so that by the time you arrive in Dublin at 6am you are dog tired and only want to sleep for the rest of that day - being stranded in Holyhead for 2 days during the train strike in October 2022 on arrival back from Ireland was a nightmare after being stuck in Dublin Port the whole of the previous day until 9pm and getting into Holyhead after midnight, as usually the trains to Manchester dont leave Holyhead for 4 hours - trying to stay awake after 4 hours is horrible 

• This is one area that even during Covid Lockdowns, I’ve always been very self-disciplined in and have not had many problems with over the years - between 10pm - Midnight (at the absolute latest 3am) I try to at least wind down for bedtime and I get up at 7am or 8am regardless - I also try to avoid “napping” during the afternoon (which is a very bad habit) - this is different again while travelling, as I can never sleep on an overnight coach, train nor ferry as I go by SailRail from Manchester when going home to Ireland - you can’t sleep on the coach out of Manchester, as you have to change coaches before you even get to Holyhead and it’s the same with the trains - once on the ferry, the crossing time from Holyhead to Dublin is only 3 hours so it’s pointless getting a cabin or napping on the seats, especially during a rough crossing on the Irish Sea so that by the time you arrive in Dublin at 6am you are dog tired and only want to sleep for the rest of that day - being stranded in Holyhead for 2 days during the train strike in October 2022 on arrival back from Ireland was a nightmare after being stuck in Dublin Port the whole of the previous day until 9pm and getting into Holyhead after midnight, as usually the trains to Manchester dont leave Holyhead for 4 hours - trying to stay awake after 4 hours is horrible 

Children
No Data