Does anyone struggle with excessive sleeping?

I am really struggling with excessive sleeping, I don't know why. I don't have any medical conditions other than my Autism and low B12.

I wake up at a usual time, around 8am but feel very dazed and fall asleep again until 10:30am and then stay in bed scrolling on my iPhone until around 1pm.

I'm trying really hard to improve my life and change things, but I feel exhausted and need lots of sleep. I used to be able to sleep fine and go to bed at a good time, but recently I have been resisting sleep so I don't fall asleep until around midnight or 1am.

There's a lot to unpack there, I'm feeling a little lost as I can't see many posts relating to excessive sleeping and Autism.

Any advice or personal experiences would be welcome, thanks! 

Parents
  • If you don’t fall asleep till 1am, maybe your body just needs 9 or so hours. Try to get into a routine like going to bed at 12 if you are a night owl, or earlier if not. Because then at least you will be sleeping until a “normal” time. I’m as guilty as the next person, but get off your phone. Or at least get out of bed and then be on your phone. Make sure as someone else said to take a B12 supplement and maybe Vitamin D.
    I hate it, but make sure you are doing some form of exercise- a walk, some yoga etc.. It will make you tired at the start and then you’ll start to feel better hopefully!

• Thank you, yes I think I get very tired and go to sleep late at night and then need a good ten or eleven hours of sleep. I will take your advice onboard, thank you again. 

Reply Children
No Data