Posture

Having had bad posture all my life (hunched shoulders/rounded back) finding out it could be as a result of autism hypermobility/low tone felt groundbreaking, like it might not just be a personal failing. However, I would like to ‘stand up straighter’ as it would help multiple areas of my life. 
Has anyone found anything that helps? I do pilates most weeks and try to stand up straighter when I remember but struggle with body awareness and sensory things that lead me to hunch over (e.g. wearing bras).

thank you!

Parents
  • Having had bad posture all my life (hunched shoulders/rounded back) finding out it could be as a result of autism hypermobility/low tone felt groundbreakin

Your profile says you are in your 20s so do you think this posture issue could come from extended periods of being hunched over your phone / tablet / laptop?

I see this a lot when out and about and have often commented to my wife that this must have a cumulative effect.

Has anyone found anything that helps?

See an Osteopath would be my reommendation.

They can identify where the issue is focussed and give you a treatment plan that will help you de-hunch over time. Expect it to involve some discomfort or pain at times as it is quite a difficult thing to address.

• I saw an Osteopath back in 2020 because of the lower back pain, and worsening balance,  I was experiencing .It was expensive and resulted in only short lived  improvements.

Reply Children
No Data