Gardens and beloved plants: thoughts, pictures, experiences, hopes for?

My thing is dwarf Fig trees. Especially "Fignominal".

Mine went up in the fire but I still love all things garden, all things plants. One day I will have another garden!

I also love a vegetable garden. I love to grow indeterminate tomatoes as they grow all year long here.

I also love to grow papaya trees, Japanese cucumbers vines, passion fruit and kitchen staples like lettuce and herbs

How about everybody else? Pictures? thoughts, experiences, hopes for?

This is a funky fun plant shop in the jungle.

and the other picture is the only surviving picture of one of my fig trees when it was just a lil'tike.

Parents
  • Very beautiful pictures! Your garden is gorgeous.  Heart eyes I love the wellie boots as plant pots-might have to borrow that idea for my own garden.

What are you hoping to grow in your garden next? Next year I'd love to try some tomatoes in mine. 

How about everybody else? Pictures? thoughts, experiences, hopes for?

Well I'd love to grow some strawberries that don't get devoured by the garden slugs and snails but let's not go there! 

I'd love a proper vegetable garden, complete with a beautiful flower border surrounding it. I can just remember my mums at our old house and it was so pretty so if I could get mine to that-or something like it that would just be perfect. 

I'll take some pictures tomorrow-though it's nowhere near as nice as yours is! Parts of mine are nice but other parts are weedy and overgrown. I'm trying to get it tidy and nice-though I do have some sweet looking plants just randomly growing-I'll take some pictures tomorrow, you might know what the plants are. 

Love this thread already thanks for making it. Relaxed

• you can get lid of the slug problem with Vaseline. as long as it doesn't directly touch the plant. It will keep ALL crawlies away. It also doesnt wash away with the rain like diatomaceous earth powder does. 

• you can get lid of the slug problem with Vaseline. as long as it doesn't directly touch the plant. It will keep ALL crawlies away. It also doesnt wash away with the rain like diatomaceous earth powder does. 

Children
No Data