Gardens and beloved plants: thoughts, pictures, experiences, hopes for?

My thing is dwarf Fig trees. Especially "Fignominal".

Mine went up in the fire but I still love all things garden, all things plants. One day I will have another garden!

I also love a vegetable garden. I love to grow indeterminate tomatoes as they grow all year long here.

I also love to grow papaya trees, Japanese cucumbers vines, passion fruit and kitchen staples like lettuce and herbs

How about everybody else? Pictures? thoughts, experiences, hopes for?

This is a funky fun plant shop in the jungle.

and the other picture is the only surviving picture of one of my fig trees when it was just a lil'tike.

Parents
  • It's difficult for me because I live quite high up and have heavy clay soil that gets waterlogged, as well as a lot of shade. So not a lot is willing to grow besides some very persistent weeds.

I am still trying though. I built a raised bed which I'm growing vegetables in, and that has been successful so I think I will do another one next year. I planted some trees which are doing OK but it will take many years before they're more than tiny saplings. Also planted some shade-loving plants which are supposed to have nice smelling flowers and like moisture, but I am not sure whether that will be a success.

Ultimately I would like to build a wildlife pond but it's a lot of work and the British weather won't co-operate with me (I can't dig unless the clay ground is not waterlogged and not baked solid).

• I hope you can find some plants that will do well. Perhaps potted plants? I have done cherry toms in pots and they did very well. The raised veggies sounds like a good start. I like that you keep experimenting to see how you can work qith the space. Would love to see what youve come up with!

• I hope you can find some plants that will do well. Perhaps potted plants? I have done cherry toms in pots and they did very well. The raised veggies sounds like a good start. I like that you keep experimenting to see how you can work qith the space. Would love to see what youve come up with!

Children
No Data