Gardens and beloved plants: thoughts, pictures, experiences, hopes for?

My thing is dwarf Fig trees. Especially "Fignominal".

Mine went up in the fire but I still love all things garden, all things plants. One day I will have another garden!

I also love a vegetable garden. I love to grow indeterminate tomatoes as they grow all year long here.

I also love to grow papaya trees, Japanese cucumbers vines, passion fruit and kitchen staples like lettuce and herbs

How about everybody else? Pictures? thoughts, experiences, hopes for?

This is a funky fun plant shop in the jungle.

and the other picture is the only surviving picture of one of my fig trees when it was just a lil'tike.

Parents
  • For me what's next is to tend to this small orchid I was gifted. As I'm in a condo for a short time (emergency shelter via FEMA) and don't know were I'll be next or for how long. I do love and miss very much a garden and this threads will, hopefully get populated with  wonders. I thank all  fro sharing their pictures and descriptions. you have made my day! the pictures are fabulous! 

ideas I have for later: more dwarf Figs, a few runners for japanese cucumbers build to make a shady archway to hang out under - a bower - lots of tomatoes, a little raised boxed bed of kitchen greens inside kitchen window if I have one. I would love to plant more papayas as the birds love them - and attracts some rare ones! I also love bumbebees and would create drilled out old wood homes for them and some sweet flowers for them to eat.

Also I love to build jungle gyms for birds out of thin, pliable bamboo and provide them with a big bath and feeder. that is endless entertainment!

I may end up where I have just a balcony and then it will be hanging joyas and orchids the dwarf Figs in pots. - I am thinking of working on a community garden too if the I can stay on Maui and have few gardening options. I would love to see what other living treasures you are all nurturing, vicarious me!

For now I like to go to that funky hippy plant nursery and sit with the lil darlins.

Here is my little orchid, her name is Lily and she makes lovely flowers for me once a year in spring.

• For me what's next is to tend to this small orchid I was gifted. As I'm in a condo for a short time (emergency shelter via FEMA) and don't know were I'll be next or for how long. I do love and miss very much a garden and this threads will, hopefully get populated with  wonders. I thank all  fro sharing their pictures and descriptions. you have made my day! the pictures are fabulous! 

ideas I have for later: more dwarf Figs, a few runners for japanese cucumbers build to make a shady archway to hang out under - a bower - lots of tomatoes, a little raised boxed bed of kitchen greens inside kitchen window if I have one. I would love to plant more papayas as the birds love them - and attracts some rare ones! I also love bumbebees and would create drilled out old wood homes for them and some sweet flowers for them to eat.

Also I love to build jungle gyms for birds out of thin, pliable bamboo and provide them with a big bath and feeder. that is endless entertainment!

I may end up where I have just a balcony and then it will be hanging joyas and orchids the dwarf Figs in pots. - I am thinking of working on a community garden too if the I can stay on Maui and have few gardening options. I would love to see what other living treasures you are all nurturing, vicarious me!

For now I like to go to that funky hippy plant nursery and sit with the lil darlins.

Here is my little orchid, her name is Lily and she makes lovely flowers for me once a year in spring.

Children
No Data