Gardens and beloved plants: thoughts, pictures, experiences, hopes for?

My thing is dwarf Fig trees. Especially "Fignominal".

Mine went up in the fire but I still love all things garden, all things plants. One day I will have another garden!

I also love a vegetable garden. I love to grow indeterminate tomatoes as they grow all year long here.

I also love to grow papaya trees, Japanese cucumbers vines, passion fruit and kitchen staples like lettuce and herbs

How about everybody else? Pictures? thoughts, experiences, hopes for?

This is a funky fun plant shop in the jungle.

and the other picture is the only surviving picture of one of my fig trees when it was just a lil'tike.

Parents
  • I have a bed that is shaded by a hedge. We planted some native hedge plants from small plants. I am hoping this year they might have berries for the birds as they are maturing. It has taken a while to find plants that cope with the shade. I now have among other things a variety of geraniums which have a bit of a wild look, but it suits this area as we have wild flowers nearby and a small pond which the birds like. I am hoping sometime I might see a dragonfly or damselfly.

This year my challenge was to see how many annuals I could grow from seed. A few failed, some took a long time, some were very tall and thin, until I heard you can pinch out cosmos, which are now shortish and bushy. Some of the stems on these and Zinnias grew bent over but now add interest to the pots 

A few weeks ago I decided my herb bed needed filling out with more variety. Unfortunately it was too late for much variety, then I had the idea to look at the supermarket. They had a lemon thyme that I wanted and as they were reduced I bought some other plants as well very cheap. When the rain stopped today I went for a wander and noticed how established the herb bed looks now. I find it a great source of relaxation to wander in my garden.

For next year I bought lots of reduced seeds in the sale on a weekend when they were offering free delivery, so I am ready for my next challenge. Right now I would like the weather just a little warmer and some dry days at weekends so I can enjoy the garden (as more plants come into flower) and the wildlife that visits.

• I have a bed that is shaded by a hedge. We planted some native hedge plants from small plants. I am hoping this year they might have berries for the birds as they are maturing. It has taken a while to find plants that cope with the shade. I now have among other things a variety of geraniums which have a bit of a wild look, but it suits this area as we have wild flowers nearby and a small pond which the birds like. I am hoping sometime I might see a dragonfly or damselfly.

This year my challenge was to see how many annuals I could grow from seed. A few failed, some took a long time, some were very tall and thin, until I heard you can pinch out cosmos, which are now shortish and bushy. Some of the stems on these and Zinnias grew bent over but now add interest to the pots 

A few weeks ago I decided my herb bed needed filling out with more variety. Unfortunately it was too late for much variety, then I had the idea to look at the supermarket. They had a lemon thyme that I wanted and as they were reduced I bought some other plants as well very cheap. When the rain stopped today I went for a wander and noticed how established the herb bed looks now. I find it a great source of relaxation to wander in my garden.

For next year I bought lots of reduced seeds in the sale on a weekend when they were offering free delivery, so I am ready for my next challenge. Right now I would like the weather just a little warmer and some dry days at weekends so I can enjoy the garden (as more plants come into flower) and the wildlife that visits.

Children