Therapy

Hey everyone 

I started therapy last Friday as I wanted an honest opinion about if I should pursue an assessment for ASC. I have been very up and down about  if I should and really couldn’t figure out if I deserved a place in the que for an assessment. My son is neurodivergent and I share a ridiculous amount of traits with him as well as us both understanding each other completely. I felt guilty because I didn’t want to take a spot for assessment from someone else really and that made me feel awful. I had an initial 30 min conversation with my therapist who is neurodivergent herself as well as her entire family and I knew from that 30 mins that she was the right choice. I definitely got my money’s worth for my first session as I just could not shut up and pretty much talked for the whole hour. I have never felt that chatty before as I never have that much to say. I came out from the session so elated and was even laughing for some reason?? I did jump around a bit going from one thing to another and gave myself a hard time afterwards as I felt like I might not have made much sense. I just wanted to ask the community for my next session should I just go with no intentions and see how it goes or should I be a bit more structured and prepare what I want to talk about? The last time I had therapy was 15 years ago for my panic attacks (to no avail) but I never felt like I connected with my therapist before, there is no surprise in that as even though I’m very friendly it’s very rare I do. 

Thank you for listening 

Parents
  • That's awesome to hear. It's not always easy to find a therapist who you can feel comfortable with, so it's great it seems you found the right therapist. 

If I were you, I would go in with an idea of what I wanted to talk about and have some "backup" ideas just in case, but it sounds like you can be yourself around your therapist and feel at ease with the conversation and go with the flow.

• That's awesome to hear. It's not always easy to find a therapist who you can feel comfortable with, so it's great it seems you found the right therapist. 

If I were you, I would go in with an idea of what I wanted to talk about and have some "backup" ideas just in case, but it sounds like you can be yourself around your therapist and feel at ease with the conversation and go with the flow.

Children
No Data