Household Jobs/Tasks

Hi. 

First time poster here so please be kind. 

My wife and I have hit an issue. In short she does most of the household tasks. I do what I am given to do meticulously however she is quite right in suggesting that if jobs are not part of my routine I simply don’t see and therefore don’t do them. 

Convenient eh ?! 

I can assure you I am not lazy but agree with my wife in that she ends up taking too much on leaving her feeling overwhelmed. 

I am convinced that my ASD plays a part in not doing things if they are not an ingrained habit.

Has anyone else hit similar obstacles and I am interested in practical ways that have proved successful solutions for you guys. 

Many thanks 

S

Parents
  • I'm really bad at getting on with household tasks - but as I live alone I don't have to worry about not pulling my weight as there's nobody to fret if I don't get jobs done - but things still need to get done otherwise I will be living in a dreadful mess. 

I know I need to get things done so recently I set up reminders on my Alexa device. It reminds me to do particular jobs on specific days. Perhaps you and your wife could sit down and have a conversation about fair division and sort out jobs that she would like you to do and set up some reminders

• I'm really bad at getting on with household tasks - but as I live alone I don't have to worry about not pulling my weight as there's nobody to fret if I don't get jobs done - but things still need to get done otherwise I will be living in a dreadful mess. 

I know I need to get things done so recently I set up reminders on my Alexa device. It reminds me to do particular jobs on specific days. Perhaps you and your wife could sit down and have a conversation about fair division and sort out jobs that she would like you to do and set up some reminders

Children
No Data