This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Highlighting health inequalities experienced by autistic people

Hi everyone,

My name is Catherine and I’ve been working on a project about health inequalities in our communities and I thought I’d share here if that’s ok? I think this really ties into what’s discussed here in the forum.

‘Jasper Pickles Climbs Everest’ is an audio story which explores the health inequalities of autistic people and people with learning disabilities, and was co-created and voiced by people with lived experience. Through taking a walk in Jasper’s shoes as he takes an intrepid journey to the hospital, ‘Jasper Pickles Climbs Everest’ promotes further reflection on what we might to do help people like Jasper. You can listen to a captioned version on YouTube: [link removed by moderator]

I work for [link removed by moderator], where we create audio stories like this that ‘bring lived experience to life.’ We work in partnership with health and social care organisations to coproduce our work, in this case it was [link removed by moderator] a charity who provide learning, support and care for people with learning disabilities and/or autistic people.

I’d really appreciate it if you could share it amongst your networks, or on social media so we can help bring about positive change for people who find themselves in a similar situation to Jasper.

Thanks so much for taking to the time to read this and do let us know what you think of the piece,

Catherine

Parents Reply Children
No Data