Traits exacerbated when tired

This may seem like an obvious question. But is there a link between being tired/exhausted and traits being my prevalent? As an example, I often have auditory processing problems but I can normally get my head around what people are saying with little effort. I'm also normally ok with eye contact when talking to people. I do Brazilian jiu jitsu, and recently moved to a new gym where the sparring is a lot more intense than I've been used to. As a result, I regularly find myself exhausted, and I've noticed that after a round of sparring, I really struggle to understand what my training partner is saying to me. I also noticed today when talking to the coach that I was really struggling with eye contact. I'm not sure if there is a question here, or if this is just a "hey I noticed this thing", but I suppose the question would be, does anyone else experience this?

Parents
  • Absolutely for me. When I haven't slept properly then any sensory sensitivity I have is amplified by a factor of about 10. My brain also doesn't have the capacity/energy/spoons to make the efforts needed to counteract the issues.

• Absolutely for me. When I haven't slept properly then any sensory sensitivity I have is amplified by a factor of about 10. My brain also doesn't have the capacity/energy/spoons to make the efforts needed to counteract the issues.

Children
No Data