Eating the Same Meal each day

I can eat fish and rice seven nights a week and am just wondering if this is an autism thing? 

Is it comfort through repetition maybe?  ......(seems unlikely).

Do others here have similarly bad dietry habits?

Ben

Parents
  • To be honest I am quite happy to eat the same food everyday, I often think of eating as just a function to survive not an experience to enjoy. When my wife is away I often buy a large pack of sausages and tins of spaghetti hoops, 3 sausages, hoops plus bread and butter every day. I know how it will taste and what the texture will be. I’ve been asked how I can eat spaghetti hoops but will vomit baked beans up, easy spaghetti doesn’t change texture, all beans become mushy.

This below explains a lot of my childhood.

• To be honest I am quite happy to eat the same food everyday, I often think of eating as just a function to survive not an experience to enjoy. When my wife is away I often buy a large pack of sausages and tins of spaghetti hoops, 3 sausages, hoops plus bread and butter every day. I know how it will taste and what the texture will be. I’ve been asked how I can eat spaghetti hoops but will vomit baked beans up, easy spaghetti doesn’t change texture, all beans become mushy.

This below explains a lot of my childhood.

Children
  • I’ve been asked how I can eat spaghetti hoops but will vomit baked beans up, easy spaghetti doesn’t change texture, all beans become mushy.

Thanks for stating this. I have always wondered why I can eat some foods prepared some way but not others, and now I have an answer.